The Pet Care Associate will be interacting with dogs, cats, and people. They will be responsible for any area they are assigned.
General Summary of Job
Bather’s primary duties are to properly prepare, bathe and finish pets by using humane practices and minimizing stress. Additionally, the Bather is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the grooming area. Pet Care Associates may be cross-trained in bather procedures for the grooming area. The Bather works under the supervision of the Groomer and reports to the Reservation Coordinator.
1) Perform bath functions as requested by client and described on the groom card: Nail trim, Tooth brushing, Brush-out, Bath
2) Prepare dogs for bathing in accordance to procedures: Brush out dog with proper tools, Trim nails, Clean ears
3) Bathe dogs as described in procedures
4) Dry dogs completely: When time permits hand dry dogs completely, All groom dogs must be completely dry and finished drying by hand
5) Finish dogs as described in procedures: All dogs should be finish brushed and combed, Bath dogs should have cologne and bandana applied unless client requests otherwise.
6) Keep bathing stations stocked with supplies, tools cleaned and ready for use.
7) Keep grooming area clean: During the work day keep the room safe by wiping up water spills and pet accidents as soon as possible, At the end of each workday all hair should be swept/mopped from floor and cleaned from tubs/shower, Holding cages should be ready for next day’s arrivals.
8) Update pet status in software or white board and point of sale system. Advise receptionist when dogs that are to be “called when ready” are finished.
9) Follow safety procedures for pets and staff at all times.
10) Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience, Skills, Certification, Qualifications or Academic Background Required
1. High school graduate or GED preferred
2. Good oral & written communication skills
3. Previous work experience demonstrating dependability
4. Self-motivated, independent worker
5. Polite & Positive
6. Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
7. Demonstrated flexibility and proven coping skills